- We verify all of our sellers
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- All major credit cards accepted
- 30-day returns as standard OnBuy's minimum returns period is 30 days for most products. There are however some exceptions e.g. perishable goods, personalised items etc. Please read our T&Cs for more information.
Alfred 00-37823 CUT TO THE CHASE-YS Description
In popular jargon, the phrase "cut to the chase" means to get to the really interesting or important point, and leave out all that is unnecessary. It originated from early cinematic lore when silent films were full of romantic storylines that inevitably led to much more exciting and memorable chase sequences. In this work, the melodic fragments are tossed around the band to give the impression that everyone is being chased or chasing something. To pay homage to the phrase’s past, the frantic atmosphere stops for an obligatory inclusion of a slow, romantic chord progression with a soaring melody, and then the chase resumes, building to a rousing conclusion. (2:25). By Todd Stalter.
- Series - Young Symphonic
- Category - Concert Band
- Format - Conductor Score &Parts
- Instrument - Concert Band
- Level - 2. 5 (Medium Easy)