- We verify all of our sellers
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- All major credit cards accepted
- 30-day returns as standard OnBuy's minimum returns period is 30 days for most products. There are however some exceptions e.g. perishable goods, personalised items etc. Please read our T&Cs for more information.
Alfred 00-41254 AIRBORNE HEROES-HSO Description
Written in memory of the Composer 's grandfather, a Korean War Veteran, this piece is perfect to program as a tribute to all service men and women. The heroic melodies and harmonies, set in D Major, are shared throughout the ensemble, making it fun for all sections! The violins and cellos stay completely on the D and A strings, while the violas and basses use the G and D strings. This is a wonderful first selection to expose any young ensemble to independent parts among sections and the roles of melody and harmony, all while reinforcing the importance of using the 4th finger. The cello and bass parts have been doubled to create a strong, confident foundation while the viola and violin parts usually share similar rhythms while harmonizing. Fundamental dynamics and bowings will make this piece not only fun to play, but also a success among performers and audiences alike! (1 - 50). By Steven J. Campbell.
- Series - Highland String Orchestra
- Category - String Orchestra
- Format - Conductor Score &Parts
- Instrument - String Orchestra
- Level - 1