Anagel Ultrasound Gel Bottle 250ml
- We verify all of our sellers
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- All major credit cards accepted
- 30-day returns as standard OnBuy's minimum returns period is 30 days for most products. There are however some exceptions e.g. perishable goods, personalised items etc. Please read our T&Cs for more information.
Most Popular in AccessoriesSet 1 of 1
- Suitable for all fetal doppler devices
- Acoustically correct for the broad range of frequencies used
- Clear Gel / Colourless
- Completely aqueous, will not stain clothing or damage transducers
- Non-sensitizing non-irritating, hypoallergenic
Anagel Ultrasound Gel Bottle 250ml Description
Ultrasound gel is a water based gel and is used for all types of ultrasound examinations in the fields of obstetrics, vascular and cardiac. Ultrasound gel is typically clear and thick, but it is not uncomfortably sticky. When it is applied to the skin, it doesn’t dribble or drip off. It adheres to the skin lightly until it is wiped off at the end of the procedure. The most common complaint about ultrasound gel is that it is cold. For this reason, many medical professionals use special warmers to make their gel a more comfortable temperature before applying it to a patient’s skin.
The ultrasound gel removes the air between the skin and the transducer so the ultrasound waves can move freely between the body and the transducer. To get the best focus for the camera, the sonographer needs to apply a thick layer of ultrasound gel.
One of the most common use of ultrasound gel for homecare is when pregnant women are using it with a fetal Doppler. The gel is specially formulated to act as a coupling agent when using the fetal Doppler. To get optimal use and sound from a fetal Doppler you need to use plenty of gel.
|Rank||#8 Diagnostics & Health Monitor Accessories|
Detailed Product Information
Highest Rated in Accessories
Product Reviews of Anagel Ultrasound Gel Bottle 250ml
All OnBuy Reviews Are Verified