Criminalisation and Advanced Marginality: Critically Exploring the Work of Loic Wacquant
This book represents the first full-length critical and interdisciplinary assessment of Loic Wacquant's work in English. Wacquant's challenging critique of the neo-liberal government of crime and the punitive culture to which this is related has shaken criminology to its foundations. In a bold polit...View full description
Sorry, This Item Is Out Of Stock
Enter your email address below and we'll notify you as soon as it's back in stock.
Your email address has been submitted - we'll be in touch.
Other Popular Unbranded Products In Anthropology
Compare Similar Products
This book represents the first full-length critical and interdisciplinary assessment of Loic Wacquant's work in English. Wacquant's challenging critique of the neo-liberal government of crime and the punitive culture to which this is related has shaken criminology to its foundations. In a bold political analysis he describes how the US-led revolution in law and order has dismantled the welfare state, replacing it with a disciplinary and penal state. Wacquant's analysis also details the spread of neo-liberal crime control measures and the underpinning 'pornographic' discourses of crime across the developed world, although critics have questioned the extent to which this model of criminal justice really is gaining the worldwide dominance alleged. Written by criminologists and policy analysts, Criminalisation and advanced marginality offers a constructive but critical application of Wacquant's ideas. The contributors welcome the opportunity presented by Wacquant's work to re-engage with a radical politics of law and order, criminalisation and marginality, whilst raising issues of gender, resistance, conflict and history which, they argue, help to enrich and further develop Wacquant's analyses. The book concludes with a chapter from Professor Wacquant himself responding to the commentaries upon his work. It fills an important gap in the existing literature and will be exciting reading for academics and students of criminology, social policy and the social sciences more broadly.
- 1447300017 (ISBN-10)
- 9781447300014 (ISBN)
Other Products in Anthropology
Top 15 Most Popular Products in Anthropology
Top 15 Highest Rated Products in Anthropology
Popular Products In Anthropology
OnBuy Deals Recommended For You
- Throw on your best pearls & beret for this Dior catwalk!
- Celebrates the 70th anniversary of Dior’s first ever collection
- A decadent coffee table book with Complete Collections
- Learn about the history of dinosaurs with easy-to-read facts
- This Encyclopedia Prehistorica is packed full of fun dinosaur facts
- A entertaining, interactive way to learn with this dinosaur book
- Indulge your taste buds with The National Trust Book of Scones
- A compilation of quirky facts & tasty teatime bakes
- Collected & authored by blogger Sarah Clelland
- Learn how to win friends & influence people!
- Classic self-help book written by Dale Carnegie
- Perfect for improving self-confidence
- The Secret is the fastest-selling self-help book of all time
- Written by Rhonda Byrne
- Based on the earlier film of the same name
- Take a visual & detailed journey through the history of weapons
- Examines edged weapons from around the world
- A directory spanning the Stone Age era to the 21st century
- Viking Boy is action-packed & sure to impress your young reader!
- Blends fantasy & history with a dash of Viking adventure
- Centres around Gunnar, the young son of a Viking chieftain
Shop With Confidence
Eligible purchases are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection scheme. If your order doesn't arrive, is faulty, damaged or vastly different to what was described, you can seek assistance from their expert dispute resolution team to claim a refund.