Festival must-haves you mustn’t forget this summer
Festival season is officially here, so it's time to get your bags packed, take a cramped train to a field in the middle of nowhere, and have the time of your life with some incredible music!
To avoid your fun turning into a weekend-long slog, however, it’s important to stock up on the essentials, and we’re here to help! Check out our packing list of festival must-haves to help you survive (or at least smell a bit cleaner) this summer, and prepare for the adventure of a lifetime with your mates.
Your essential festival checklist
What to take to a festival, you wonder - well, let's get the essentials out of the way early. Then you can focus on the more important items to include in your festival packing list:
- The best festival tents and sleeping bags
- Lights or lanterns
- Waterproofs for him and her (don't forget wellies from our shoe range, too - this is Britain, after all!)
- A multi-purpose backpack (plus handy packing organisers or waterproof bags)
- Plenty of clean clothes (hello fancy dress!)
- And don't forget to pack your festival ticket (duh!) and ID, for obvious reasons!
Festival essentials for a home away from home
We all know that tents are top of everyone’s festival checklist, but what can you do to make yours the most enviable on site?
The unsung heroes of your festival checklist
To make life easier, don’t forget your portable power banks for charging gadgets, as well as head torches and duct tape (you never know when you might need it). Try freezing some water in your reusable bottles before you arrive; not only will these ice blocks keep other essentials (ahem, *alcohol*) cool on the journey, they’ll also be a joy to drink on a warm day.
To avoid feeling grotty by day two, it would also be worth packing:
- Dry shampoo - Keep your hair feeling as fresh as the day you arrived (well, sort of)
- Wet wipes - They're great for just about everything
- Toilet roll - No one wants to get caught short in the portaloo!
- Ear plugs - A good night's sleep will definitely help with the hangover (although paracetamol is good too!)
- Biodegradable bin bags - Eco-friendly and can conveniently double-up as waterproof ponchos!
Clear away your festival gear afterwards
Leave No Trace is the number one rule when festival camping. Ensure you take everything away with you, or at least dispose of the items in the correct way. If you’re not keeping your tent, ask if there are any drop-off / donation points. Do your bit: always bring your festival gear home with you. If nothing else, it’ll save you money in the long run!
#LoveYourOutdoors this summer with OnBuy!
Just because the curtain has come down on the festival, it doesn’t mean that summer is over. Make the most of the sun this season and have some fun outside with our #LoveYourOutdoors collection!