The best Creme Egg brownies you'll ever taste
What if we told you we have a chocolate brownie recipe that’s a one-pot wonder, kid-approved, and makes, hands down, the best brownies we’ve ever tasted? We’re talking fudgy... rich... pure, indulgent heaven!
Topped with arguably the best Easter treats, these Cadbury Creme Egg brownies are filled with chocolatey, gooey goodness - just as all good brownies should be!
Top tips for perfectly fudgy brownies
Whisk Your Batter WellWhisking the mixture well after the eggs have been added helps to make a fluffy, fudgy mixture that’ll give your brownies a gooey finish once baked. Don’t overmix once the flour has been added, as this will give more of a cakey texture.
Don’t Overbake ThemOne of the biggest mistakes when making brownies is leaving them in the oven too long. For the fudgy texture, you want crisp, slightly harder corners with a little wobble in the centre.
Let Your Brownies ChillWhile it may be tempting to tuck into your brownies as soon as they’re out of the oven, it’s best to let them cool at room temperature for at least 20 minutes before taking them out of the baking tray and cutting.
Let's get baking!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Melt together the butter, sugar, dark and milk chocolate on a low to medium heat
- Once melted, leave to cool on the side for around 5-10 minutes
- Add the eggs (chicken, not chocolate!) one at a time and whisk for a few minutes until the mixture turns a paler colour
- Fold in the flour (to prevent lumps, gradually add the flour using a sieve)
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper
- Pour half of the batter into the tray and spread it evenly with a spatula
- Scatter Mini Creme Eggs over the top
- Top with the remaining mixture and smooth out with a spatula
- Halve your Creme Eggs and spread them evenly over the top of the mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are just solid but the centre still has a little wobble (ovens vary, so don’t be alarmed if they take a little longer to cook through!)
- Optional: Drizzle your brownies with melted white chocolate (because what goes better with chocolate than... well... more chocolate?!)
- Enjoy scoffing the lot!
Made these Easter brownies yourself? Share your pics by using #OnBuyIt to be featured on our socials!