Surviving Transformation: Lessons from GM's Surprising Turnaround
How did a major corporation manage to turn itself around while Wall Street and others continued to predict its slow death? The answer may surprise you, and it provides a model for corporate transformation for any company or government agency operating in a world of accelerating change. The company i...View full description
Sorry, This Item Is Out Of Stock
Enter your email address below and we'll notify you as soon as it's back in stock.
Your email address has been submitted - we'll be in touch.
Other Popular Unbranded Products In Business & Management
Compare Similar Products
How did a major corporation manage to turn itself around while Wall Street and others continued to predict its slow death? The answer may surprise you, and it provides a model for corporate transformation for any company or government agency operating in a world of accelerating change. The company is General Motors, and this book tells how it was able to change the way important decisions were made, leading to resurgence in business across its many product lines. At the beginning of the 1990s, GM was perceived by nearly everyone as falling behind its competitors at an alarming rate. By the beginning of the twenty-first century, though, the company had come storming back with successful new automobiles and new business concepts that captured new markets, while simultaneously holding on to many of its existing customers. What GM did is not just the story of a single automaker, but rather a compelling insight into an approach for any business organization that is faced with the need for a true transformation. As many companies have discovered, efforts at transformation too often fail. GM's successful transformation illustrates the importance of management's ability to change its mindset and make the tough decisions that revitalize business with bold new products and business concepts. At the heart of successful transformation is the imagination, courage and leadership required to visualize the kind of company an organization wants to become and then work toward that goal. With the destination set and understood by those who will need to implement the changes, decision-makers find it less difficult to overcome impediments to achieving their goal while finding creative ways of doing what may seem impossible. The lessons from GMs turnaround can help any business organization change and keep pace with today's turbulent marketplace.
- 0195171411 (ISBN-10)
- 9780195171419 (ISBN)
Other Products in Business & Management
Top 15 Most Popular Products in Business & Management
Top 15 Highest Rated Products in Business & Management
Popular Products In Business & Management
OnBuy Deals Recommended For You
- Learn about the history of dinosaurs with easy-to-read facts
- This Encyclopedia Prehistorica is packed full of fun dinosaur facts
- A entertaining, interactive way to learn with this dinosaur book
- Take a visual & detailed journey through the history of weapons
- Examines edged weapons from around the world
- A directory spanning the Stone Age era to the 21st century
- Viking Boy is action-packed & sure to impress your young reader!
- Blends fantasy & history with a dash of Viking adventure
- Centres around Gunnar, the young son of a Viking chieftain
- The Scratch & Sniff Book Of Weed is 22 pages of fun
- Sure to entertain with over 20 scratch-&-sniff scents
- Investigates the history, effects & science of cannabis
- Learn how to win friends & influence people!
- Classic self-help book written by Dale Carnegie
- Perfect for improving self-confidence
- The Secret is the fastest-selling self-help book of all time
- Written by Rhonda Byrne
- Based on the earlier film of the same name
Shop With Confidence
Eligible purchases are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection scheme. If your order doesn't arrive, is faulty, damaged or vastly different to what was described, you can seek assistance from their expert dispute resolution team to claim a refund.