Positions Available: 0
Hours: Full time
Date Listed: 6th July 2020
Date Closed: 27th August 2020
Since launching in late 2016, OnBuy have become the fastest-growing marketplace in the world and plan for rapid expansion into 140 countries by 2023, including over 40 countries this calendar year (2020).
We're seeking a front-end developer to join our friendly and fast-paced team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person with plenty of room to progress.
As our front-end developer, you will support our front-end development team in improving our state-of-the art website, utilising page speed best practises and with UX in mind. Knowledge of technologies such as Angular or React are not required, but experience is welcomed.
To succeed in this role, you will be skilled in the following:
- HTML and CSS - expert knowledge is required
- PHP – ideally, you'll have strong PHP knowledge and experience
- MYSQL and NoSQL databases
- MVC frameworks
- Testing at multiple levels
Additional qualities we are looking for:
- Understanding of browser and device constraints
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Strong knowledge of UX design and development
- Works well as a part of a team
- Ability to work closely with other departments e.g. Marketing, Back-end
What you will get in return:
- An inclusive, positive, and transparent company culture.
- A team of lovely people who want to see OnBuy and each other succeed.
- An employee share scheme - your chance to own a part of the world's fastest-growing marketplace!
- A company bonus scheme to thank you for driving our success.
- A good work-life balance.
- Flexitime available so you can work in a way that suits you.
- Family-friendly policies to help you create your best work-life balance.
- Opportunities for career development and progression.
- An employee referral scheme to reward you for bringing even more talent on board.
- An auto enrolment pension scheme with NEST Pensions (after 3 months service).
- Perks at Work benefits - offering many unique employee discounts.
- Staff discount across OnBuy.com website.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Newly refurbished offices with hot drinks and fresh fruit on the house.
- A casual dress code - wear what you're comfortable in.
Could you be an integral part of our team to drive our business forward? If so, we want to hear from you! In return, we will offer you a rewarding salary, a great working environment and the opportunity to progress in one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK.
Salary: Dependent on experience
OnBuy and equality
Equality is a core value at OnBuy, and we're committed to providing an inclusive, dynamic and transparent culture. We welcome top talent to help us take OnBuy to the next level, regardless of race, gender, age, sexuality, religion, and experience. What matters to us are the skills, commitment and passion of the candidate.
We recognise that the world of work is changing, and that means the right candidate will be invited to discuss their needs with us. We appreciate that every member of our team brings a unique perspective, set of skills and experience to accelerate OnBuy's continued growth, so we support working remotely and flexible hours for those who need them.
Need help or have a question with any of our careers? Talk to us
You can get in touch via [email protected]