Senior Content Writer
Positions Available: 1
Hours: Full time
Date Listed: 12th April 2021
Date Closes: 30th June 2021
We're seeking a skilled senior content writer to join our friendly and fast-paced team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person with plenty of room to progress.
As our senior content writer, you will support our marketing team to continue delivering high-quality content for our state-of-the art website.
You will be confident in working both independently and as part of our team of marketing experts, web developers, content writers, account managers and our support team, reporting directly to our SEO Manager.
As a senior content writer, you will be looking after a small team of junior content writers editing their output and providing them with guidance where necessary. You will also be expected to produce your own content and to take part in our content planning process.
Your role will involve:
- Editing and proofreading content written by other writers
- Creating clear, well-written content for product, category and brand pages
- Optimising existing site content for SEO
- Regularly producing compelling and topical blog posts
- Using SEO best practice to increase web traffic
We need you to have:
- You will be confident in working both independently and as part of our expert team of content writers, directly for our Head of Content.
- To succeed in this role, previous experience in editing is essential.
- You will have excellent writing skills, the ability to proofread and spot issues in content written by other people.
- Awareness of SEO and SEO best practices is beneficial, but training will be provided.
- Have at least a BA level degree in English Literature or Journalism.
We look after our team, so we'll offer you a competitive salary and loads of incredible benefits:
- An inclusive, positive, and transparent company culture
- A team of lovely people who want to see OnBuy and each other succeed
- An employee share scheme – your chance to own a part of the world's fastest-growing marketplace!
- A company bonus scheme to thank you for driving our success
- 25 days' annual leave, which we encourage you to use
- A good work-life balance
- Remote working and flexitime so you can work in a way that suits you
- Family-friendly policies to help you create your best work-life balance
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- An employee referral scheme to reward you for bringing even more talent on board
- An employee pension scheme
- Newly refurbished offices with hot drinks and fresh fruit on the house
- A casual dress code. Wear what you're comfortable in (no onesies though please 😉)
Could you be an integral part of the team to drive our business forward? If so, we want to hear from you! In return, we'll offer you a rewarding salary, a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to progress in one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK.
We're based in Poole, close to major transport links. To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com. Please note that we will be unable to respond to all applicants.
OnBuy and equality
Equality is a core value at OnBuy, and we're committed to providing an inclusive, dynamic and transparent culture. We welcome top talent to help us take OnBuy to the next level, regardless of race, gender, age, sexuality, religion, and experience. What matters to us are the skills, commitment and passion of the candidate.
We recognise that the world of work is changing, and that means the right candidate will be invited to discuss their needs with us. We appreciate that every member of our team brings a unique perspective, set of skills and experience to accelerate OnBuy's continued growth, so we support working remotely and flexible hours for those who need them.
Need help or have a question with any of our careers? Talk to us
You can get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org