Software Development Manager
Positions Available: 1
Hours: Full time
Date Listed: 8th February 2021
Date Closes: 30th April 2021
We're looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead and motivate a highly skilled and growing Development team. You'll need to be a strong leader with a background in software development. You'll need to possess excellent time management and communication skills, have experience in implementing and evangelising agile development practises and be committed to getting the best from the team.
You would act as line manager to team of developers and ensure development is delivered on time and to a high standard.
Your role will involve:
- Line manager to team of developers including performance management, career development and employee well-being
- Work closely with Software Delivery Manager to optimise development processes and ensure development work is planned, scoped and estimated
- Ensure that all sub teams are working to agreed processes
- Meet deadlines in line with development strategy
- Ensure development is delivered on time and to high standard
You should apply if you have:
- A minimum of 10 years commercial software development experience
- 5+ years' experience of leading a software development team
- A proven ability to engage with and motivate those reporting to you
- A proven ability to work with individuals to manage performance and set career objectives
- Mentoring senior and non-senior developers
- Setting delivery expectations and communicating progress
- Experience implementing and managing Agile development practises
- Experience with TDD and CI
- Experience architecting complex software solutions
- 5+ years' experience working with PHP
- 5+ years' MYSQL and NoSQL database experience
- MVC framework experience
- HTML/CSS experience
- RESTful API experience
Other desirable skills/knowledge include:
- Mongo DB
- Caching technologies
- Experience working on ecommerce systems
- Company bonus scheme
- Flexi-time (37.5 contract)
- Flexible working
- Family friendly policies
- Opportunity for career development and progression
- Good work-life balance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- 25 days annual leave
- Newly refurbished offices
- Casual dress code
Could you be an integral part of our team to drive our business forward? If so, we want to hear from you!
In return, we will offer you a rewarding salary, a great working environment and the opportunity to progress in one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.View All Careers
OnBuy and equality
Equality is a core value at OnBuy, and we're committed to providing an inclusive, dynamic and transparent culture. We welcome top talent to help us take OnBuy to the next level, regardless of race, gender, age, sexuality, religion, and experience. What matters to us are the skills, commitment and passion of the candidate.
We recognise that the world of work is changing, and that means the right candidate will be invited to discuss their needs with us. We appreciate that every member of our team brings a unique perspective, set of skills and experience to accelerate OnBuy's continued growth, so we support working remotely and flexible hours for those who need them.