DevOps Systems Engineer
Positions Available: 0
Hours: Full time
Date Listed: 7th September 2020
Date Closed: 27th October 2020
Since launching in late 2016, OnBuy have become one of the fastest-growing marketplaces in the world and plan for rapid expansion into 140 countries by 2023.
We're seeking a confident, experienced DevOps systems engineer/Linux expert to join our motivated, fast-paced team in Poole, Dorset.
As DevOps systems engineer, you'll work on the analysis, deployment, and maintenance of various different systems for corporate and production usage on our servers. You'll take part in challenging projects to scale up our infrastructure.
You would also ensure uptime by making the right choice at all stages of the project life cycle. You can, for example, define hardware needs and discuss design choices, work on optimising and always improving our solutions to ensure the best possible result.
You'll be working with our operations director and development team to streamline the full development lifecycle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Systems analysis
- Analysing the needs of the company in terms of systems
- Devising the best solutions (new and existing)
- System maintenance
- Maintaining the security and integrity of systems
- Improving and maintaining the current infrastructure including reducing costs
- Systems deployment
- Planning and deploying systems following best practices
- Liaising with the company directors regarding the acquisition of hardware and software needed to meet the requirements of the business
We look after our team, so we'll offer you a competitive salary and loads of incredible benefits:
- An inclusive, positive, and transparent company culture
- A team of lovely people who want to see OnBuy and each other succeed
- An employee share scheme – your chance to own a part of the world's fastest-growing marketplace!
- A company bonus scheme to thank you for driving our success
- 25 days' annual leave, which we encourage you to use
- A good work-life balance
- Remote working and flexitime so you can work in a way that suits you
- Family-friendly policies to help you create your best work-life balance
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- An employee referral scheme to reward you for bringing even more talent on board
- An employee pension scheme
- Newly refurbished offices with hot drinks and fresh fruit on the house
- A casual dress code. Wear what you're comfortable in (no onesies though please 😉)
Could you be an integral part of the team to drive our business forward? If so, we want to hear from you! In return, we'll offer you a rewarding salary (DOE), a fantastic working environment and the opportunity to progress in one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK.
We're based in Poole, close to major transport links.
Salary: £45-55k DOE
OnBuy and equality
Equality is a core value at OnBuy, and we're committed to providing an inclusive, dynamic and transparent culture. We welcome top talent to help us take OnBuy to the next level, regardless of race, gender, age, sexuality, religion, and experience. What matters to us are the skills, commitment and passion of the candidate.
We recognise that the world of work is changing, and that means the right candidate will be invited to discuss their needs with us. We appreciate that every member of our team brings a unique perspective, set of skills and experience to accelerate OnBuy's continued growth, so we support working remotely and flexible hours for those who need them.
Need help or have a question with any of our careers? Talk to us
You can get in touch via email@example.com