UX Web Designer
Positions Available: 0
Hours: Full time
Date Listed: 9th October 2020
Date Closed: 30th November 2020
Since launching in late 2016, OnBuy have become the fastest-growing marketplace in the world and plan for rapid expansion into 140 countries by 2023, including over 40 countries this calendar year (2020).
We're seeking a UX Web Designer to join our friendly and fast-paced team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person with plenty of room to progress. As our UX Web Designer, you will be responsible for designing user-friendly webpages, projects, and apps to enhance user experience and optimise usability across all device types.
You will be confident in working both independently and as part of our team of marketing experts, web developers, content writers, account managers and our support team, reporting directly to our Head of Marketing.
As a successful UX Web Designer, you'll be expected to:
- Design and measure the overall functionality of new and existing user journeys, in order to maximise usability across all OnBuy websites and apps for all device types.
- Produce high-quality wireframes, concepts, and designs from your existing knowledge of UX design principles.
- Conceptualise digital briefs and original ideas, following a user-centred design approach on all projects.
- Consolidate ideas with particular consideration to the human-computer interaction (HCI) element of a design.
- Run user testing of applications, projects, and websites to iterate and improve designs.
- Have a creative brain with a keen eye for detail.
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Have experience using Adobe CC software and prototyping tools like Axure, UXPin or InVision.
- Have at least 3 years’ UX web designing experience.
We look after our team, so we'll offer you a competitive salary and loads of incredible benefits:
- An inclusive, positive, and transparent company culture
- A team of lovely people who want to see OnBuy and each other succeed
- An employee share scheme – your chance to own a part of the world's fastest-growing marketplace!
- A company bonus scheme to thank you for driving our success
- 25 days' annual leave, which we encourage you to use
- A good work-life balance
- Remote working and flexitime so you can work in a way that suits you
- Family-friendly policies to help you create your best work-life balance
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- An employee referral scheme to reward you for bringing even more talent on board
- An employee pension scheme
- Newly refurbished offices with hot drinks and fresh fruit on the house
- A casual dress code. Wear what you're comfortable in (no onesies though please 😉)
Could you be an integral part of our team to drive our business forward? If so, we want to hear from you!
In return, we will offer you a rewarding salary, a great working environment and the opportunity to progress in one of the fastest-growing companies in the UK.
Salary: Dependent on experienceBack To All Careers
OnBuy and equality
Equality is a core value at OnBuy, and we're committed to providing an inclusive, dynamic and transparent culture. We welcome top talent to help us take OnBuy to the next level, regardless of race, gender, age, sexuality, religion, and experience. What matters to us are the skills, commitment and passion of the candidate.
We recognise that the world of work is changing, and that means the right candidate will be invited to discuss their needs with us. We appreciate that every member of our team brings a unique perspective, set of skills and experience to accelerate OnBuy's continued growth, so we support working remotely and flexible hours for those who need them.
Need help or have a question with any of our careers? Talk to us
You can get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org