Be With: Letters to a Carer
In this moving, deeply humane and surprisingly uplifting book, poet Mike Barnes shows that a side of dementia that is almost entirely missing from public discussions of their condition: `All people with dementia, and some of them strikingly, show depths of sensitive awareness, resilience rising to h...View full description
Other Popular Unbranded Products In Family & Relationships
Compare Similar Products
- New from £5.98
- Used from £2.94
Condition: GoodWorld of Books
This seller does not ship to your selected delivery location.
In this moving, deeply humane and surprisingly uplifting book, poet Mike Barnes shows that a side of dementia that is almost entirely missing from public discussions of their condition: `All people with dementia, and some of them strikingly, show depths of sensitive awareness, resilience rising to heroism, and a capacity for joyful relatedness.' Be With balances candour about the devastations of dementia with insights into its paradoxical and indeed often uncanny enhancements of life, the ways in which it sometimes calls forth capacities long buried by the defences of full cognition. Fiercely alive, marked by a sharp, unerring eye for detail and a wonderful way with metaphors, Be With encourages us to focus on fellowship and accurate witness: to simply be with who, and what, is actually before us.
- 191240818X (ISBN-10)
- 9781912408184 (ISBN)
Other Products in Family & Relationships
Top 15 Most Popular Products in Family & Relationships
Popular Products In Family & Relationships
OnBuy Deals Recommended For You
- Learn about the history of dinosaurs with easy-to-read facts
- This Encyclopedia Prehistorica is packed full of fun dinosaur facts
- A entertaining, interactive way to learn with this dinosaur book
- Indulge your taste buds with The National Trust Book of Scones
- A compilation of quirky facts & tasty teatime bakes
- Collected & authored by blogger Sarah Clelland
- Learn how to win friends & influence people!
- Classic self-help book written by Dale Carnegie
- Perfect for improving self-confidence
- The Secret is the fastest-selling self-help book of all time
- Written by Rhonda Byrne
- Based on the earlier film of the same name
- Take a visual & detailed journey through the history of weapons
- Examines edged weapons from around the world
- A directory spanning the Stone Age era to the 21st century
- Viking Boy is action-packed & sure to impress your young reader!
- Blends fantasy & history with a dash of Viking adventure
- Centres around Gunnar, the young son of a Viking chieftain
Shop With Confidence
Eligible purchases are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection scheme. If your order doesn't arrive, is faulty, damaged or vastly different to what was described, you can seek assistance from their expert dispute resolution team to claim a refund.