- All our gifts are mailed in a 'Letterbox Friendly' carton that fits through most standar letterboxes so no need to wait in for your order, and no lengthy trips to the mail sorting office to collect missed deliveries
- All our gifts are proud to be British and Designed and manufactured in the Uniited Kindom using the finest imported Belgian Milk Chocolate with a full 33% Cocoa Solid
- A luxury lid and base boxed chocolate gift that will tingle taste buds and excite the senses, a perfect little treat for that special day or a great accompaniment to fowers or other other present
- There are hundreds of sentiments for a host of different sending occasions in the range that have all been treated with our slightly 'off the wall' sense of humour. Want something a little special? And our service dousn't stop there, if you want us to personalise your gift, just leave a message at checkout stage and we'll do the rest.
- We are a family run business with 100% original products that you won't find offered for sale by any other supplier and we pride ourselves on the originality and quality of our gifts and a complete focus on customer service.
Hand Carved Olive Wood Comfort Cross
The olive tree and its wood is deeply enshrined within the Christian faith and many skilled craftsmen now live and work in Bethlehem creating these unique olive wood carvings as a means to support their families.
The olive trees of the holy land are one of the mainstays of the economy in the region with more than four hundred carvers who rely solely on these crafts as a main source of income. The crafting of olive wood began in Bethlehem in the fourth century following the construction of the Nativity Church, built on what is believed to be the traditional birth place of Jesus. Monks taught the local residents how to carve olive wood and this tradition has been passed down through generations being refined and perfected by local artisans in the region, often working by hand, without machines and in quite primitive conditions to bring you unique carvings like this hand held comfort cross.
Each and every portion of the tree and branches must cure for up to three years before any carving may occur. When the design is done and the carving is complete, the finished produced is sealed in a special varnish to give each piece a brilliant shine. This not only enhances the appearance but gives each piece a lifelong finish.
The craftsmen with whom we work to produce these unique olive wood gifts are from the current generation of these dedicated artists who continue to spread the same timeless message of the Bible using their artistic skills to pronounce their faith and are considered among the most skilled carvers in the world. All our wood crafts are hand carved from the trimmings (pruning) of the Bethlehem olive trees, an essential process for the healthy growth of the trees and a necessity to ensure environmental stability of this unique resource. No tree is damaged or destroyed in the process of making of these unique hand carved olive wood gifts.