The Metaphysics of Theism: Aquinas's Natural Theology in Summa contra gentiles I
The Metaphysics of Theism presents an explanation and evaluation of Aquinas' natural theology, the paradigm of which is the first book of the Summa contra gentiles. But in addition to considering this as a monumental achievement of medieval philosophy, Norman Kretzmann approaches it as a continuing...View full description
Sorry, This Item Is Out Of Stock
Enter your email address below and we'll notify you as soon as it's back in stock.
Your email address has been submitted - we'll be in touch.
Other Popular Unbranded Products In History & Philosophy Of Religion
Compare Similar Products
The Metaphysics of Theism presents an explanation and evaluation of Aquinas' natural theology, the paradigm of which is the first book of the Summa contra gentiles. But in addition to considering this as a monumental achievement of medieval philosophy, Norman Kretzmann approaches it as a continuing enterprise which can be developed with considerable benefit in contemporary philosophy. Professor Kretzmann follows Aquinas in seeing natural theology as the means of integrating philosophy and theology. What makes this enterprise natural theology is its forgoing of appeals to revelation as evidence for the truth of propositions. What makes it natural theology is its agenda: to investigate, by means of analysis and argument, not only the existence nad nature of God but also the relation of everything else - especially human nature and behaviour - to God considered as reality's first principle. Professor Kretzmann argues that natural theology offers the only route by which philosophers can, as philosophers, approach theological propositions, and that the one presented in this book is the best available natural theology.
- 0198236603 (ISBN-10)
- 9780198236603 (ISBN)
Other Products in History & Philosophy Of Religion
Top 15 Most Popular Products in History & Philosophy Of Religion
Top 15 Highest Rated Products in History & Philosophy Of Religion
Popular Products In History & Philosophy Of Religion
OnBuy Deals Recommended For You
- Learn about the history of dinosaurs with easy-to-read facts
- This Encyclopedia Prehistorica is packed full of fun dinosaur facts
- A entertaining, interactive way to learn with this dinosaur book
- Indulge your taste buds with The National Trust Book of Scones
- A compilation of quirky facts & tasty teatime bakes
- Collected & authored by blogger Sarah Clelland
- Learn how to win friends & influence people!
- Classic self-help book written by Dale Carnegie
- Perfect for improving self-confidence
- The Secret is the fastest-selling self-help book of all time
- Written by Rhonda Byrne
- Based on the earlier film of the same name
- Take a visual & detailed journey through the history of weapons
- Examines edged weapons from around the world
- A directory spanning the Stone Age era to the 21st century
- Viking Boy is action-packed & sure to impress your young reader!
- Blends fantasy & history with a dash of Viking adventure
- Centres around Gunnar, the young son of a Viking chieftain
Shop With Confidence
Eligible purchases are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection scheme. If your order doesn't arrive, is faulty, damaged or vastly different to what was described, you can seek assistance from their expert dispute resolution team to claim a refund.