Rock Bottom: A Music Writer's Journey into Madness
'One of the best music books ever written, because Michael Odell knows music isn't about the musicians - it's about what it does to the listener, even if what it does ends up being wholly disastrous. It's sad, funny, fascinating and wise.' Michael Hann, former Guardian music editor `Hilarious and di...View full description
Other Popular Unbranded Products In Music
Compare Similar Products
- Used from £6.79
- New from £12.94
Condition: Very GoodWorld of Books
This seller does not ship to your selected delivery location.
'One of the best music books ever written, because Michael Odell knows music isn't about the musicians - it's about what it does to the listener, even if what it does ends up being wholly disastrous. It's sad, funny, fascinating and wise.' Michael Hann, former Guardian music editor `Hilarious and disarmingly honest; a journey into the neurosis of rock fame, but through doors you don't expect.' Rachel Joyce, author of The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry A tale of loving, living and surviving rock music Michael Odell is a rock music writer who takes his responsibility as cultural gatekeeper seriously; he asks rock stars the forbidden questions to discover whether they're worthy of readers' admiration. But after interviewing Mick Jagger and Keith Richards - two of the `Big Six' icons - Michael is depressed. He has a public meltdown while chaperoning Oasis at an awards ceremony; he's lost joy in his bathroom full of rock'n'roll memorabilia; and his young son is in trouble at school for emulating rock star behaviour. Reluctantly Michael consults Mrs Henckel, a no-nonsense therapist with zero experience of pop culture. As Michael addresses his feelings about the past, in particular his failed teenage band, Mental Elf, he's forced to confront the question: is it finally time to grow up and forget rock'n'roll?
- 1785782223 (ISBN-10)
- 9781785782220 (ISBN)
Other Products in Music
Top 15 Most Popular Products in Music
Popular Products In Music
OnBuy Deals Recommended For You
- Learn about the history of dinosaurs with easy-to-read facts
- This Encyclopedia Prehistorica is packed full of fun dinosaur facts
- A entertaining, interactive way to learn with this dinosaur book
- Indulge your taste buds with The National Trust Book of Scones
- A compilation of quirky facts & tasty teatime bakes
- Collected & authored by blogger Sarah Clelland
- Learn how to win friends & influence people!
- Classic self-help book written by Dale Carnegie
- Perfect for improving self-confidence
- The Secret is the fastest-selling self-help book of all time
- Written by Rhonda Byrne
- Based on the earlier film of the same name
- Take a visual & detailed journey through the history of weapons
- Examines edged weapons from around the world
- A directory spanning the Stone Age era to the 21st century
- Viking Boy is action-packed & sure to impress your young reader!
- Blends fantasy & history with a dash of Viking adventure
- Centres around Gunnar, the young son of a Viking chieftain
Shop With Confidence
Eligible purchases are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection scheme. If your order doesn't arrive, is faulty, damaged or vastly different to what was described, you can seek assistance from their expert dispute resolution team to claim a refund.