MXR Micro Chorus Pedal M148 Effects Pedal
- We verify all of our sellers
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- All major credit cards accepted
- 30-day returns as standard OnBuy's minimum returns period is 30 days for most products. There are however some exceptions e.g. perishable goods, personalised items etc. Please read our T&Cs for more information.
Most Popular in Guitar EffectsSet 1 of 1
- Give your guitar a rich ‘80s sound with the MXR Micro Chorus Pedal
- Chorus effect delivers a bright, shimmering echo to your guitar tone
- Adjustable rate effect is great for playing in different rock genres
- Single tuning knob & true hardwire bypass make it a dream to us
- Sturdy zinc housing & thin profile make it easy to add to your setup
MXR Micro Chorus Pedal M148 Effects Pedal Description
The nostalgia cycle has come around in full force, and the 1980s are firmly back in fashion. If you want get an authentically ‘80s rock sound out of your guitar, you can leave the backcombed hair-dos and leopard-print lycra trousers in the past - all you need is the Micro Chorus Pedal from MXR.
The MXR Micro Chorus Pedal is a reissued version of the guitar effects pedal MXR made in the 1980s. It still uses the same bucket brigade technology to deliver a shimmering echo to the tone from your guitar. This sound defined guitar playing throughout the 80s, from crowd-pleasing power ballads to jangling college radio rock.
Of course, any good guitar effects pedal won’t limit you to a single genre, and the MXR Micro Chorus is no different. The MXR Micro Chorus Pedal has an adjustable rate knob that you can use to adjust the speed of the effect. Crank it all the way up the maximum and you get a watery tone that’s perfect for playing grunge riffs. Scale it back, and the result is a slow, rotating effect that’s great for opening a metal track with individual plucked strings before hitting them with a wall of sound.
As well as sounding great, this guitar chorus pedal is fantastically practical. It features a true hardwire bypass, so your guitar signal will still travel through the effects pedal if you turn it off. This handy feature is vital for live performances when you have to change guitar sounds quickly. It’s simple to use too, as the output tone is only affected by one knob. This means you spend less time messing around trying to find the right sound and more time playing.
MXR Micro Chorus Pedal has a frame built for a life on the road. It might measure only 7 centimetres wide, but it’s made from solid zinc, giving it great survivability during travel and while you perform. Because it’s so slim, this guitar chorus pedal allows you to fit even more stomp boxes on your pedalboard than you normally could!
How to use the MXR Micro Chorus Pedal:
Run a cable from your guitar to the MXR Micro Chorus’ Input jack and run another cable from the pedal’s out put jack to your amplifier. Turn the micro chorus effect on by depressing the silver footswitch; the red LED will illuminate, indicating that the effect is active. Turn the rate knob clockwise to increase the chorus speed and counterclockwise for a slower, rotating shimmer.
- Dimensions: W6.98 x L12 x H3.25cm
- Weight: 396g
- Input impedance: 1MΩ
- Output impedance: 1KΩ
- Max input level at 500Hz: -5dBV
- Max output level: +8dBV
- Rate control min/max: 0.25Hz/7.5Hz
- Signal to noise ratio: >89dBV
- Delay time min/max: 3.9ms/5.4ms
- Power supply: 9V DC
- Current draw: <5mA
- Bypass: True hardwire
With its simple operation and stellar analogue tone—the MXR Micro Chorus joins the ranks of MXR Classics such as the Phase 90, Dyna Comp and Micro Amp.
This 80's reissue delivers a stunning range of rich chorus textures, from sparkly watery shimmers to intense rotating speaker simulation with a twist of the Rate control.
The Micro Chorus is designed with old-school bucket brigade technology for warm analogue tone and features true bypass for pure guitar tone when the pedal is off.
Its road-worthy hardware and components are housed in a space saving Phase 90 sized box.
Detailed Product Information