Solar Powered Pool Heaters
Showing 1-4 of 4 results
About Solar Powered Pool Heaters
In solar powered pool heating, water is warmed via solar energy in what is known as a “collector.” Pool water is pumped and filtered into the collector where it is warmed before being pumped back into the pool. It really is as simple as that.
Typically, the collectors are located in panels, which are mounted to a roof or tilted on the ground in an area with maximum sun exposure.
If you're still undecided about solar pool heating, we’ve rounded up the main pros and cons of the method - read on to find out more:
Advantages of solar pool heating:
- Zero harmful emissions
- Free energy
- Works great in warm climates
- Savings outweigh costs
- Long life expectancy of around 30 years
- Dependent on sunshine
- Backup gas or electric pool heater required in cooler climates
- Large surface area needed
- Less control over temperature than with gas or electric heaters