Vertente 2014 Red Wine - 750ml
- The Vertente Red Wine from 2014 is an elegant bottle
- A rich and intense flavour that's well-balanced
- Enjoy with white meat, fish, pastas & quiche
- From the Douro region of Portugal
- Presents a stunning deep red colour
With a winemaking history dating back to 1842 the Niepoort family has plenty of experience to pour into its wines - and this Vertente 2014 Red Wine certainly reflects that! This Douro wine also utilises grapes from historic vines located on the banks of the river, and so has plenty of history behind it!
Produced with a two-step selection process at the vine and at the sorting table, 70% of the Vertente wine is automatically pressed and fermented in stainless steel presses while the remaining 30% is fermented in cone-shaped stainless steel vats.
A 20-month aging process in French oak barrels further develops the taste into the fresh, balanced experience that's complete with a highly persistent and intense finish. Versatile when paired with white meat, fish and red meat, it can also successfuly accompany pastas and quiche
Aroma: Stone and smoke with hints of slate.
Taste: Exceptionally balanced and fresh with elegant fruit, soft tannins present, and an intense, persistent finish.
- Country: Portugal
- Region: Douro
- Wine type: Red
- Cast: Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca, Tinta Amarela and Touriga Nacional
- Alcohol content: 13%
- Consumption: 16°C
- Year: 2014
- Bottle size: 750ml
- 5603977000100 (EAN)
|Wine Maker||Dirk Niepoort||Region||Douro|
|Wine Type||Red Wine||Cast||Tinta Roriz, Touriga Franca and others|
|Consumption||16ºC||Ageing||18 months in French oak barrels (228 L)|
Compare Similar Items To Vertente 2014 Red Wine - 750ml
Popular Products In Red You'll Love
- This Versátil 2017 Red Wine is a Portuguese stunner
- Full bodied with gentle tannins & lovely persistent flavour
- An intense red fruit & floral aroma
- The Chaminé 2016 Red Wine is easy to enjoy
- A deliciously ripe and fruity number
- A soft taste that's great for all occasions
- An elegant red wine for every occasion
- Monte Velho 2017 is beautifully balanced
- Boasts a nose of red berry fruits, blueberries & subtle spices
Top 15 Most Popular Products in Red
Shop With Confidence
Eligible purchases are covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection scheme. If your order doesn't arrive, is faulty, damaged or vastly different to what was described, you can seek assistance from their expert dispute resolution team to claim a refund.
When the product is delivered, you must be able to provide a valid driving licence or passport as proof of age. The product can only be delivered to the address given on the order, not left in a safe place or any other delivery options.