Exhaustively tested, HP LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all yourdemands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering highstorage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backupperformance. Covering five generations of capacity - LTO-1 (200GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB) and LTO-5 (3TB) - and with transfer speeds of up to 1 TB/hr for LTO-5, there isa platform for every need and budget. From LTO-3 onwards, LTOUltrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanentand tamperproof archives. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256encryption provides even higher levels of data security andcompliance with the most stringent industry regulations to preventunauthorized data access. From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium LinearTape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable andintuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as aUSB drive.
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable TapeTechnology
- HP LTO-5 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 1TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 3 TB on a singlecartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24x7,mission-critical IT environments.
- Smoother base film and smaller magnetic particles increase thebit density, allowing more data to be recorded in the same amountof tape. This has, for example, increased the number of recordingtracks from 896 for LTO-4 to 1280 tracks for 5th generation HPLTO-5 Ultrium 3 TB cartridges.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time andenhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures anddisrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmentalconditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock toprevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing.Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that wouldruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of anddebris (important in automation).
- HP brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine,drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond whatis required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximumreliability for restoring your data.
- HP warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archivallife and/or 260 full backups. This ensures businesses can meet theever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention andarchiving.
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamperproof,compliant data storage.
- Data encryption for enhanced data security on HP LTO-4 and LTO-5Ultrium.
Value for money
- Standardizing on HP LTO-4 or LTO-5 Ultrium delivers the capacityto meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bitencryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media;without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across productgenerations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available asCustom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled and non-labeled versions to fitwith your data centre management criteria
PerformanceCompressed capacity3000 GBTape durability1000000 pass(es)Tracks quantity1280Tape typeLTOTechnical detailsCompressed capacity3000 GBTape thickness6.4
- 4948382718112 (EAN)