Tomato Ildi (20) Vegetable/Fruit Seeds
Here's why you'll love OnBuy:
- We're trusted - with over 13,000 Trustpilot reviews and an 'Excellent' rating
- We verify all of our sellers - you can shop millions of products with confidence
- Easy payments - all major credit cards accepted, as well as PayPal
You're eligible for PayPal's 180-day Buyer Protection
OnBuy has partnered with PayPal to offer you superior protection - you're eligible for 180-day PayPal Buyer Protection as standard, even if you paid by card.
Read more here.
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- 30-day returns as standard
- We verify all of our sellers
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- All major credit cards accepted
- 30-day returns as standard OnBuy's minimum returns period is 30 days for most products. There are however some exceptions e.g. perishable goods, personalised items etc. Please read our T&Cs for more information.
Most Popular in Vegetable Seeds
- Suitable for the vegetable garden, allotments and containers.
- Be prepared to water well and supplement feed with high-potash feed during season. Regular feeding is recommended.
- All seeds are packed by Viridis Hortus in resealable Zip-locked plastic bags.
- Any cultivation guide is purely for guidelines. Local conditions such as soil temp will affect how well any seeds, bulbs plants germinate/grow so always check locally as to seed, bulbs plants suitability.
- Although every effort is taken to ensure the quality of our seeds, packaging and delivery method it should be noted that the germination of seeds, bulbs is very dependent on many factors including Light, Moisture levels, Temperature, Soil conditions, soil pests, and many other factors. Please ensure that the seeds, bulbs you order are suitable for the conditions in which you wish to grow them as we cannot be held responsible for poor levels of germination.
Tomato Ildi (20) Vegetable/Fruit Seeds Description
Tomato Ildi Vegetable/Fruit Seeds Indeterminate, seemingly endless supply of mild flavoured fruit.
Produces large clusters of up to 75 small cherry yellow, sweet and juicy. Among our favourite for flavour and productivity.
53 days from setting out transplants. Indeterminate.
The earliest, highest-yielding grape tomato in our trials is also the most attractive and delicious! Delectable new Ildi is a sweet grape with a tart under bite - really satisfying in salads or straight from the vine! These fruits mature quickly and are borne in huge clusters of up to 75! And as if all this weren't enough, they have great staying power on the vine or after picking, lasting for weeks without losing one bit of freshness!
Ildi is easy to grow, quickly forming a 5- to 6-foot vine 16 to 24 inches wide. The fruit sets very early and ripens quickly into gleaming grape-shaped globes (with the occasional pear-shaped fruit). Ildi is delicious, and that's a good thing, because you will get plenty of fruit from this terrific performer! It's one of my favourites, both for flavour and fantastic garden performance!
Light: Full sun
Fruit size: 0.5 to 1 inches
Matures: 53 days from transplanting
Plant spacing: 36 inches apart
Plant size: 5 to 6 feet tall
Plant type: Indeterminate
Heirloom. Long, indeterminate vines produce a seemingly endless supply of mild flavoured, pear-shaped tomatoes all summer. The tiny tomatoes are borne in clusters. This is one of the prettiest tomatoes in the garden. It's beautiful in a salad. Bears dependably through summer weather. Vines can grow 8 feet or longer, so give them a tall support or place to ramble.
Suitable for protected and outdoor growing.
Open pollinated, heritage (heirloom) variety.
For greenhouse cultivation: sow from February to March.
For outdoor cultivation: sow from March to May.
Sow seeds on the surface of a good, free-draining, damp, seed sowing mix and cover with a fine sprinkling of compost or vermiculite. Place seed trays in a propagator at a constant temperature of around 15-20°C (59-68F) until after germination, which takes 7-14 days. When seedlings gain 2 true leaves, transplant into individual 7.5cm (3") pots of compost and grow on at a minimum temperature of 15°C (59F).
When growing in a heated glasshouse tomato plants may be transplanted at the end of May or when the first flowers are showing, if earlier. Allow 3 plants per grow bag, or one per 25cm (10") pot, or plant tomatoes directly into the greenhouse soi
When growing tomatoes outdoors, wait until all risk of frost has passed before transplanting tomatoes. Gradually acclimatise them to outdoor conditions over 7 - 10 days before planting out from early June when tomato plants are 20cm (8") tall. Choose a sheltered position in full sun on fertile, reliably moist, well drained soil, and transplant at a distance of 60cm (24") apart. Drive a (5') cane into the soil adjacent to each plant to support them as they grow, and tie each main stem to its support with soft garden twine.
Harvesting: Pick as soon as the fruits are ripe, this also encourages the production of more fruit. Harvest all the fruit as soon as frost threatens and ripen on a window sill.
Highest Rated in Vegetable Seeds
OnBuy Deals Recommended For You
Product Reviews of Tomato Ildi (20) Vegetable/Fruit Seeds
All OnBuy Reviews Are Verified
Great QualityI am more than happy with the seeds I received. They look great quality and I am looking forward to planting them.
Tomatoes seedsI'm happy with my purchase came quickly and they were well packed. I planted them and they started growing already
Just what I neededMy first sowing of tomato seed failed and obtaining new seed looked almost impossible.However,I got exactly what I needed-my favourite variety with fast delivery at a good price and no fancy packaging.
Tomato seedsRecieved these seeds with in 4 days , planted them and their up . Would definitely recommend this on line site to everyone x fab
Growing wellExcellent seeds over 95% germination.