Traditional hessian plumberscarpenters tool bass is ranked at the 7 spot at the moment, out of all Tool Bags listed on our platform. Presently, this DIY item has been allocated an MPN of 111500 to help with identification.
Tool Bag | Traditional Hessian Plumber's/Carpenter's Tool Bass (36")
Here's why you'll love OnBuy:
- We're trusted - with over 34,000 Trustpilot reviews and an 'Excellent' rating
- We verify all of our sellers - you can shop millions of products with confidence
- Easy payments - all major credit cards accepted, as well as PayPal
You're eligible for PayPal's 180-day Buyer Protection
OnBuy has partnered with PayPal to offer you superior protection - you're eligible for 180-day PayPal Buyer Protection as standard, even if you paid by card.
Read more here.
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- 30-day returns as standard OnBuy's minimum returns period is 30 days for most products. There are however some exceptions e.g. perishable goods, personalised items etc. Please read our T&Cs for more information.
- We verify all of our sellers
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- All major credit cards accepted
Standard (Free): Fri 6th - Mon 9th Aug
Sold by: Frontline Protection
Most Popular in Tool Bags
- ✔️ LIGHTWEIGHT and RUGGED
- ✔️ HUGE CAPACITY while still able to gain FULL VISIBILITY of the bag's contents and EASY ACCESS
- ✔️ REINFORCED ROPED HANDLES and studded reinforced stress points to ensure durable and long-term use
- ✔️ Traditional tool bag look
- ✔️ Backed by a 1 year manufacturers warranty to be free of manufacturing defects
Tool Bag | Traditional Hessian Plumber's/Carpenter's Tool Bass (36") Description
Tool bass traditionally used by carpenters and plumbers. Made from jute hessian canvas with laminated lining and reinforced roped handles. Has an internal pocket.
From the Yorkshire Dictionary:
1) A spelling of ‘bast', the inner bark of the lime, which could be cut into strips and coarsely plaited to make matting (OED). It was used more generally for similar fibres.
In Yorkshire, particularly in Beverley, it was the word used for the rushes which were harvested each year in the town's common pastures. In November 1755, the bellman announced that freemen had the liberty to cut up Carr Basses in Figham Carr at any time in the approaching winter and in 1787 reference was made to the Basshills in Figham. The practice was responsible for a verb, and in November 1803 the bellman's cries gave way to handbills which advertised the bassing of Swinemoor, inviting tenders. It was a practice with a much longer history and it is unlikely that it was confined to Beverley. Once the bass had been harvested it was used to make matting, baskets, chairs:
1589 a bass, a bill a pick pann, South Cave
1764 a bas bottomed chair, Ecclesfield. Later it referred particularly to a type of open tool bag favoured by plumbers and ‘Bass tools bags made of jute' are still in use. This may be the product behind a rare occupational term: 1494 Robert Hunt, laborer and basmaker, York
Detailed Product Information
Thanks to 1 online DIY specialist, shoppers can order Traditional hessian plumberscarpenters tool bass from our marketplace. More precisely, this DIY tools seller lists 13 various tooling items in the Tool Bags department. DIY enthusiasts can purchase this great product from the Tool Bags category.
- New from £21.49
Free Returns: No
Fast & Free Delivery
Est. Delivery: 6th-9th Aug
At OnBuy think £21.49 is a competitive price tag, because different DIY products inside the Tool Bags category are costed at between £4.17 and £782.48. At the moment, this DIY tool is performing incredibly well. Because of this, we have highlighted it as a popular product. This DIY item was first listed on this website on 07 June 2021. Our dedicated team has done all the legwork for you in finding the very best tool deals from the Tool Boxes & Organisers category. Our marketplace features 1334 alternative Tool Bags, with the best ranked items being 18" Canvas Tool Bag - and 16 Inch Tool Bag Hard Bottom Toolbag Heavy Duty Tool Case Tools Case.
Quickly! This toolbox addition is almost out of stock! For £21.49, you can increase your toolkit.