Yves Saint Laurent Catwalk - Bolton & Menkes | Yves Saint Laurent Book
- We verify all of our sellers
- Secure checkout powered by PayPal
- All major credit cards accepted
- 30-day returns as standard OnBuy's minimum returns period is 30 days for most products. There are however some exceptions e.g. perishable goods, personalised items etc. Please read our T&Cs for more information.
Most Popular in DesignSet 1 of 1
- The complete collection of YSL’s haute couture from 1962 - 2002
- See 1000 photographs from this iconic design house’s runway shows
- Collated & written by a collective of fashion history experts
- A chronological exploration into Yves Saint Laurent’s haute couture history
- The first fully comprehensive overview of Laurent’s haute couture collections
Yves Saint Laurent Catwalk - Bolton & Menkes | Yves Saint Laurent Book Description
Calling all fashion fanatics and haute couture aficionados - this Yves Saint Laurent Catwalk book is not to be missed. Featuring over 1000 original photographs from this fashion powerhouse, this is the first fully comprehensive overview of Yves Saint Laurent’s haute couture collections from 1962 - 2002. Flip through the pages and delve deep into the world of Saint Laurent, one of the most influential fashion designers in the world, and the creator of the first tuxedo for women called Le Smoking.
Published in 2019 by Thames & Hudson, this fashion book feature an introduction written by Suzy Menkes, the international editor for Vogue, text curated and written by Olivier Flaviano, the Director of Collections at The Musee Yves Saint Laurent Paris, and a foreword written by Andrew Bolton, the Head Curator of the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute in New York City. This Yves Saint Laurent book will make the perfect introduction into fashion history and you can even use this fashion book for décor. A wonderful addition to your coffee table, or an excellent gift to give to a fashion fan.
Founded by Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge in 1961, shortly after the young couturier left his post at the helm of Christian Dior, Yves Saint Laurent would soon become one of the most successful and influential haute couture houses in Paris. Introducing Le Smoking, the first tuxedo suit for women, in 1966, Saint Laurent also presented iconic art-inspired creations, from Mondrian dresses to precious Van Gogh embroidery and the famous Ballets Russes collection. This definitive publication opens with a concise history of the house, followed by a brief biographical profile of Yves Saint Laurent, before exploring the collections themselves, organized chronologically. Each collection is introduced by a short text unveiling its influences and highlights, and illustrated with a gallery of carefully curated catwalk images. These showcase hundreds of spectacular clothes, details, accessories, beauty looks and set designs - and, of course, the top fashion models who wore them on the runway. A rich reference section concludes the book.
- Language: English
Highest Rated in Design
Product Reviews of Yves Saint Laurent Catwalk - Bolton & Menkes | Yves Saint Laurent Book
All OnBuy Reviews Are Verified