OnBuy Seller Requirements
Here’s what you’ll need to start selling on OnBuy:
1. Proven sales record
You need to demonstrate your online sales experience by providing:
- Link(s) to an established website or reputable marketplace you’re currently selling on. *
- Your company name must be clearly visible and match the name registered on OnBuy.
- 50 genuine reviews (4.5/5 stars or higher) from the last 12 months, from Truspilot.com, Reviews.io, or reputable marketplaces.
OnBuy manages a catalogue system, so you’ll need GTINs (EAN/UPC/ISBN) to list your products.
Exclusions include products which aren’t typically barcoded, such as jewellery or car parts. Private label goods may also be exempt, in cases where the goods are clearly branded with the seller’s UK registered trademark.
3. One of the following payment options:
- UK bank account: Only available to UK bank account holders using GBP.
- Payoneer or WorldFirst account: Available if you have an international or UK bank account in GBP. Don’t have an account? You can easily set one up during the sign-up process!
4. Business registration information
We only work with registered businesses, so you’ll need to upload some basic business documents to sign up.
Not an incorporated business? Sole Traders in the UK may sign up by providing evidence of registration with HMRC, for Self-Assessment.
5. UK VAT registration
- If your business is registered in the UK: You’ll need to provide your UK VAT registration number, if you have one.
- If your business is registered outside of the UK: You must be registered for VAT in the UK and provide your UK VAT registration number to sell through OnBuy.
6. Returns address
You’ll need to provide a UK returns address, or you must cover the cost of any overseas returns by providing Freepost labels or a collection service.
You must also offer a 30-day returns policy with a full refund as standard, starting from the day delivery takes place (exclusions may apply for personalised products and perishable goods).
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, all sellers must offer up to 180-day returns for faulty goods.
OnBuy may need to validate your UK returns address. If so, we’ll send a bespoke verification code to the address provided, detailing the next steps.
You can’t list any products that:
- Fall within our Prohibited Products Policy.
- Are counterfeit.
- Violate the intellectual property rights of the product or brand owner.