Don’t be tied down by contracts - get the most out of Apple’s iconic tech with OnBuy’s unlocked iPhones, from the classic iPhone 5s to the new iPhone 13 Pro! Take stunning pictures with the revolutionary dual camera setup, stream seamlessly on the Super Retina XDR display, and go faster for longer with increased battery life and processing power that grows with each iPhone generation. Shop the full selection now!
Showing 1-60 of 134 results
- Average Rating
- Price (highest)
- Price (lowest)
Looking to buy Unlocked iPhones?
They’re the first device you think of when looking for a new smartphone - largely down to their stylish, innovative features - and you can now get your hands on your favourite generation of Apple iPhone without being tied down to a pricey network contract!
That’s right - thanks to OnBuy’s extensive selection of unlocked iPhones, you can pick out the device you want with the features you need, without having to commit to any long-term payment or carrier plans. From the affordable iPhone 7 to the latest iPhone 13 Pro Max, we stock a wide range of unlocked iPhones to suit every lifestyle, need, and budget. Use the filter tags to shop by model, or browse the full selection to find the perfect unlocked iPhone for you.
Why buy unlocked iPhones?
OnBuy’s unlocked iPhones open up a world of opportunities. While ‘unlocked’ might sound like a slightly confusing, techie term, it simply means you can use it with any network provider. That means you can enjoy:
- Freedom to choose your network - Attracted by added extras that come free with certain providers? Looking for a better signal in your area? Excited about 5G being provided by some networks? Whatever it is you’re looking for, with an unlocked iPhone, you have the freedom to choose!
- No monthly handset payments - A large part of any monthly contract often goes towards paying off the handset costs, and you could quite easily end up paying more if you forget to renegotiate at the end of your contract, or when those annual price rises come around. Save some money when you buy an unlocked iPhone upfront and only pay for the airtime you need.
- Swap your SIM card when travelling - With many networks reintroducing eye-wateringly expensive roaming charges when you take your phone abroad, an unlocked iPhone can be a great money saver as you can swap out your SIM for a cheaper international Pay-As-You-Go provider while you’re away.
- Get the latest devices when they’re released - Want an upgrade? With an unlocked iPhone, you have the freedom to change your device as you please. No early termination fees, no additional charges or hidden costs, no need to switch your network provider; simply pop your existing SIM card into your new device and enjoy!
What are the best unlocked iPhones for sale?
If you want the latest and greatest features in your smartphones, you can’t go wrong with the new iPhones. At the cutting edge of mobile phone specs, they’re constantly improving by making the most of more and more advanced technology.
Take the iPhone 13 Pro: it features a 6.1” OLED Super Retina XDR display with ProMotion, which means brilliant brights, deep darks, and high definition, as well as precise and responsive touch control. There’s also Apple’s exclusive A15 Bionic processor chip (for super-fast browsing, gaming, streaming, and messaging), unrivalled camera setups, 5G and 4G connectivity, and a battery that can support up to 22 hours of video playback (and up to 75 hours of audio playback) - not to mention the innovative built-in Apple software!
But that doesn’t make other unlocked iPhones redundant; the latest iPhones come with premium price tags, deservedly, but there are many more affordable, slightly older devices that can still take on smartphones from rivals like Samsung and Huawei.
The Apple iPhone 8, for example, is one of OnBuy’s more popular unlocked iPhones, despite being released in late 2017. At a fraction of the price of the latest model, it’s still a brilliant smartphone that includes an array of convenient features. The first - and perhaps most obvious difference - between the iPhone 8 and the newer handsets is the screen size. For those who aren’t a fan of the ‘phablet-style’ larger devices, the iPhone 8 boasts a 4.7″ Retina HD display that’s large enough for spotless and crystal-clear streaming, but still fits comfortably in your hand. It also comes with a speedy A11 Bionic chip, wide 12MP camera capable of recording in 4K, and advanced features like Apple Pay and Touch ID security.
Are unlocked iPhones used devices?
Unless you specifically buy a used iPhone, ‘unlocked’ models are brand new - the only difference being that they’re not already tied to a contract, giving you the freedom to choose the carrier and plan that’s right for you.
If, however, you’re looking for a used iPhone, you’ll find a huge variety of generations to choose from at OnBuy! Pre-loved yet just as powerful as new, these devices have gone through strict quality testing to ensure they’re ready for another life with a new owner, and are built with advanced, upgradable features that are designed to last. The best part? Coming in at a fraction of the price of box-fresh alternatives, they offer all the benefits of iPhones without a hefty upfront cost - bonus!
Check out OnBuy’s full range of used iPhones. Use the filter feature to shop by generation, colour, capacity, network and more. With a variety of unlocked, used devices to explore, you can get the sought-after flexibility of a contract-less iPhone at a price to suit your budget. What’s not to love?
Can I save money if I choose to buy unlocked iPhones?
Despite the initial upfront cost, choosing an unlocked iPhone can certainly save you money in the long run. While there might not be a huge difference, if any, in the RRP of locked and unlocked iPhones, the saving comes through not being tied into a network contract. These are spread over a longer period, paid in monthly instalments, and can have pricey fees if you want to upgrade early.
However, if you choose an unlocked iPhone, you can pay for the device upfront and shop around for the best SIM-only deals, saving on both the airtime and handset in the long run.
Want to save even more? Check out our range of refurbished unlocked iPhones! These are smartphones that have been returned and restored to almost box-new quality; they’ve been through rigorous testing to ensure they are up to standard and have had minimal use. Because they can no longer be labelled ‘new’, you end up getting a brilliant deal on an as-good-as-new Apple iPhone! Win-win!
Unlocked iPhones vs unlocked Androids
It’s one of modern society’s most divisive questions - generally most people pick their tech camp and stick to it. However, if you’re undecided in the battle for smartphone dominance, here are the key things you need to consider:
- Premium features - Apple has been at the cutting edge of mobile technology ever since the first iPhone was released in 2007; millions of people tune into their launch events to find out what the latest new feature is going to be. That’s why you can guarantee that when you buy an iPhone, it’s going to have revolutionary capabilities: You’ve got advanced security provided by software like Touch and Face ID (with or without a face mask), there’s the incredible clarity of the Retina display, and you also get the convenience of Apple Pay. That’s not to mention the ease of connectivity within the Apple Ecosystem, too!
- Syncing between devices - iPhones boast brilliant interconnectivity with the other Apple devices like iPads, AirPods, MacBooks, and Apple Watches. Deliberately designed to collaborate within the ‘Apple Ecosystem’, you’ll find the biggest benefit over Android is the way features seamlessly operate across your devices to enhance your streaming, browsing, working, exercising (and just about everything else you do) experience.
- A user-friendly interface - iPhones are largely regarded as being the ‘easiest’ phones to use. With a focus on simplicity that has remained relatively unchanged over the years, the iOS interface is straightforward and smart. So, whether you’re a seasoned Apple user, or you’re picking up an iPhone for the first time, you’ll have no issues working your way around the home screen. Just the app and enjoy - it’s really as easy as that!
Make the most of your savings and discover OnBuy’s mobile phone accessories
Now you’ve picked out a new unlocked iPhone, it would certainly be worth kitting it out and truly making it your own - fortunately, OnBuy is here with everything you could need to personalise and protect it.
Discover our brilliant mobile phone accessories, featuring wireless chargers, protective phone cases, and handy phone grips, to save your screen from any accidental drops and scrapes. Why not put your own mark on it with stylish docking stations, Stickers and decals, and unique phone straps and charms? Whatever you’re looking for, we’ve got the perfect accessories to pair with your new device here!