Positions Available: 0
Hours: Part time - minimum of 20 hours a week (dependent on stock and product releases)
Date Listed: 25th June 2020
Date Closed: 20th July 2020
Since launching in late 2016, OnBuy has become the fastest-growing marketplace in the world with plans for rapid expansion into 140 countries by 2023, including over 40 countries this calendar year (2020).
We're recruiting the company's first Tech Tester to join our friendly and fast-paced team to test and review all tech products on-site.
We are looking for a tech-loving individual to test and review our current technology range on offer, along with any new products in the sector added to the site.
If successful, you’ll receive a selection of products from the site every month to make yourself familiar with, in order to improve the product page onsite. You’ll be required to thoroughly test each product, focusing on design, performance and durability, as well as discussing qualities including sound, display, functionality and value for money.
Following your interaction with the products, you’ll then be required to write a 200-word assessment, including high-quality imagery.
The quality control reviews will act as a benchmark for the technology products we sell through OnBuy, helping our customers make more informed purchase decisions.
In return, we’re offering a wage of £35 an hour as well as the opportunity to keep some of the products.
As a successful Tech Quality Controller, you'll be expected to:
- Review products from the Electronics and Technology category
- Familiarise yourself with and learn about all products in the section
- Write an honest 200-word assessment of every product tested to improve product pages
- Take high quality images of each product tested
- Have good writing and communication skills
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of gadgets and electronic items
- Be based in the UK and fluent in English
We look after our team, so we'll offer you a competitive salary and loads of incredible benefits:
- An inclusive, positive, and transparent company culture
- A team of lovely people who want to see OnBuy and each other succeed
- An employee share scheme – your chance to own a part of the world's fastest-growing marketplace!
- A company bonus scheme to thank you for driving our success
- 25 days' annual leave, which we encourage you to use
- A good work-life balance
- Remote working and flexitime so you can work in a way that suits you
- Family-friendly policies to help you create your best work-life balance
- Opportunities for career development and progression
- An employee referral scheme to reward you for bringing even more talent on board
- An employee pension scheme
- Newly refurbished offices with hot drinks and fresh fruit on the house
- A casual dress code. Wear what you're comfortable in (no onesies though please 😉)
Could you be an integral part of the team to drive our business forward? If so, we want to hear from you!
Salary: £35 an hour
OnBuy and equality
Equality is a core value at OnBuy, and we're committed to providing an inclusive, dynamic and transparent culture. We welcome top talent to help us take OnBuy to the next level, regardless of race, gender, age, sexuality, religion, and experience. What matters to us are the skills, commitment and passion of the candidate.
We recognise that the world of work is changing, and that means the right candidate will be invited to discuss their needs with us. We appreciate that every member of our team brings a unique perspective, set of skills and experience to accelerate OnBuy's continued growth, so we support working remotely and flexible hours for those who need them.
Need help or have a question with any of our careers? Talk to us
You can get in touch via email@example.com